Friday, September 26, 2008

My trip to Yellowstone and Cody Wyoming

So yesterday, I went on a field trip for my American Humanities class. We left at 6am, and spent the whole day touring certain places at yellowtone, and going to Cody Wymoning, to go to the Buffalo Bill Museum. It was an amazing day, really long and tiring. But well worth it. I took over 100 pictures and am narrowing it down to about 20. Hopefully. But we have been studying intensely Native American Art, The artists who painted them, and Jackson and Moran. Moran is the man who painted the most famous picture that convinced the government that Yellowstone should be a national park. The picture is from the place called Artist Point. I have never even heard of it before this trip. It was the most beautiful and breath taking view I have ever seen. It is the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Here is the painting



If you look closely and see the two men, that is Jackson and Moran, that is where we stood. It looks exactly like the painting. It was so beautiful. My pictures dont do anything for it.











This is me enjoying the view



After we left the canyon, we went to the falls that you see in the picture, but the road was closed for construction, so we went to the lower falls. I had never seen a real water fall in my entire life. So this was amazing.




Now to Wyoming, I took a million pictures here, so I am only going to show you about 3 really good ones. But I saw and learned so much about the Native Americans. And I have a MUCH greater respect for them, and the amazing life they use to live.



This was a hide that was painted and drawn on to tell the story of a massacre. It was over 200 years old.


This a picture of a geiser at sunset, I think that it is a beautiful picture.


Well that is a bit for you about my trip. It was scott's and I's first time apart for the whole day. I know that seems really silly, but it was really hard.lol...

1 comment:

Greg and Michelle said...

yay for blogs! Sorry to blog snoop, but I am from a town right by Cody, WY and I just had to say that~